Saturday, August 9th:
- Rockport Farmers Market: 9 to 1pm in Harvey Park
- Ice Cream Social at the Rockport Farmers Market: 11:30 to 1pm in Harvey Park
- Rockport Fireworks Activities: 12:30: Kids' crafts, 2 to 4pm: Music in the Old Firehouse Trust.
- Rockport Rotary's Lobsterfest: 3 to 7pm at the bandstand at Back Beach. Click HERE for info.
- Rockport Fireworks: The BIG event is at 9:30pm! Get ready for an incredible display!
Sunday, August 10th
- Rockport Acoustic Music Festival: Noon to 6pm in Millbrook Meadow. Click HERE for more info. A free & fun event!
- Illumination at Shops, Galleries & Restaurants: many Rockport business are participating in Illumination weekend through special discounts and in-store promotions. Enjoy the lanterns hanging throughout town in honor of the weekend's festivities.
Raffle tickets to win Ken Knowles' original painting on sale with proceeds to benefit Rockport Fireworks.
About that Farmers Market:This Week's Rockport Farmers Market Vendors: Wally's Bistro, Fudge Everything, Maitland Mountain Farm, First Light Farm, Seaview Farm, Sasquatch Smokehouse, Heath's Tea Room, Sullivan's Sugarhouse, Cuz It's Good!, Twin Lights, West River Creamery, the Vermont Candy Dish, That Nutty Redhead, Vintage Greens, Sea Biscuit Fine Baked Goods, Trupiano's Sausage.
Our vendors offer meat, eggs, smoked fish, cheese, lots of produce, pickles, sauces (sweet and savory), salsas, cookies, whoopie pies, breads, nuts = truly enough for a week's worth of delicious, amazing, locally-produced food!
Music & More: We'll have music from the talented Steve Lacey this week and don't miss the home growers section of the Farmers' Market is packed with a small amount of good things: Anadama bread from Sten af Klinteberg, honey from apiarist and cookbook author Melissa Abbott, the beautiful Northern Italian-style pesto from Mercedes Flavin and flower petal jams from local grower Jessie.
The Rockport Farmers Market takes place, rain or shine. And be sure to stop by our Ice Cream Social this week! A huge thank you to The Ice Cream Store for providing the ice cream, and to Fudge Everything and Twin Lights for providing delicious chocolate topping and soda for Old Fashioned Ice Cream Sodas! Ginger Ale, Root Beer and Orange soda will all be available.